Berry's Model QD-500 Vibratory Tumbler is an industry first. With a patented quick-detach system, you can remove the bowl from the base completely, keeping spills and messes to a minimum as you pour your brass and media into a separator without having to handle the entire unit. The large, smooth bowl aids in turning and moving the brass and media for quick thorough cleaning. The clear domed polycarbonate lid lets you see the progress without turning off the motor. The motor comes with a 3-year warranty; all other parts come with a lifetime warranty and are made in the USA.
This is an essential piece of equipment for removing anything affecting the look and performance of your brass including oxidation, sizing lube, dirt, or carbon fouling. Avid shooters and reloaders know that clean brass is vital to achieving consistent performance across every round. Sure, you could clean your brass casing by hand, but if you have a lot to get through, that just isn't efficient or feasible.
How to Use the QD-500 Brass Tumbler
Case cleaning with our brass tumbler is quite simple.
- Pour your favorite cleaning media into the tumbler, whether it be corn cob, walnut, stainless steel, or whatever you prefer. This vibratory tumbler is meant for dry tumbling. If you are curious about the advantages of dry tumbling, check out this article, “Wet Tumbling Brass vs Dry Tumbling Brass: What's the Difference?”
- Add in your brass cases. Check the “Tumbler Brass Capacities” tab for more information about how many casings to include.
- Next, squeeze in some of our Berry's Brass Bright Polish.
- Then close the lid, turn on the QD-500, and watch your brass casings begin to shine like new.
- Finally, toss the dry media and casings into your rotary tumbler to separate them.
And voila! You now have shiny, clean brass ready to use for reloading ammunition.
How Long Should I Tumble the Brass?
Depending on how many casings you add to the reloading tumbler, it can take anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. Thanks to the QD-500's clear domed polycarbonate lid, you can easily check on the progress of your brass as it cleans.