Our copper-plated bullets start with a swaged lead core and are then electroplated with copper to their final weight, leaving no lead left exposed. After, they are re-stuck to precise specifications to ensure a solid bond and consistency across every round. Indoor range safe and incredibly accurate, Berry's Superior Plated Bullets® are the finest copper-jacketed bullets on the market.
.45 ACP Hollow Point Bullets
The 45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol), also known as 45 Auto, was invented by John Browning back in 1904 for use in his Colt semi-automatic pistol. After some testing, it was adopted by the United States Army for use as their official sidearm. The military had noticed a lack of stopping power in their current ammunition calibers, so they had been looking for a suitable replacement. The 45 ACP became just that.
Nowadays, .45 ACP ammo is still a very popular caliber. Although the 9mm has replaced the 45 Auto as the go-to option for most military standard-issue pistols, some select law enforcement and military units around the world still prefer the 45 ACP. The round also continues to see use in high-caliber target shooting competitions. Perhaps the best use for hybrid hollow point bullets is for self defense or personal protection.
45 ACP Ammo Breakdown
Diameter - .452 inches
Total Capacity - 26.7 gr+h2o
Primer Type - Large Pistol
Compared to a popular handgun round like 9mm, the 45 ACP has more stopping power. If you want to get technical, 45 ACP has a stopping power of up to 592 ft lbf compared to 441 ft lbf for 9mm.
**THIS IS NOT LOADED AMMUNITION**
**UNABLE TO SHIP THE PRODUCT TO THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS**
Bullet O.A.L.: .610"
Cartridge Name: 45 ACP
Cartridge O.A.L.: .1.210"
Recommended Velocity: 825 - 975 fps
- Load data for our Superior Plated Bullets® can be found in any manual or on any powder manufacturer’s website.
- Cast or jacketed data with the same grain weight and profile will work with our bullets.
- You can use a taper or a roll crimp.
- Don’t over crimp the brass after seating. This causes bullet core separation, leading to increased copper fouling and accuracy issues.
- Don’t exceed the recommended maximum velocities listed. This creates bullet core separation and accuracy issues.
- Use a round nose seating stem. A flat point seating stem will alter the performance of the Hybrid Hollow Point.